We’re searching for an awesome Structural Designer for our fast-paced, growing corrugated manufacturing plant in Philadelphia.
About the Position
Our Structural Designers design and develop cost-effective, structurally sound point-of-purchase displays and industrial packaging as well as redesign of items for improved packaging performance. The designer provides packaging design and technical support to external and internal customers such as the Sales, Project Management, Graphic Design, Production, and Contract Packaging departments. The job requires a problem solving, quality focused, teamwork driven individual who always puts the customer first while maintaining the integrity of the company.
- Working with sales to determine client’s display/packaging needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Assuring packaging or displays are designed efficiently and compare favorably to competitor’s designs
- Efficiently managing the work day to accommodate the fast pace and quick turnaround requests using time and priority management skills.
- Constructing and inspecting display/packaging samples to ensure the end result is the best possible solution for its intended purpose.
- Creating assembly directions.
- Reviewing and monitoring display/package design and assisting with resolving manufacturing problems or improved display/box performance.
- Ensuring all designs fall within testing standards.
- Understanding the packaging equipment used by our customers and vendors.
- Working with vendors to assure tooling components are correct and materials are available to support customers’ orders.
- Checking incoming quality conformance of cutting dies. Making formal or informal client presentations with Sales or on your own regarding packaging or displays.
- Communicating with other packaging designers within Weber as well as areas of the business to learn of new designs or techniques
Skills & Experience You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Artios/CAD applications and strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of the production process, machine limitations, and production standards to ensure compatibility to design to production.
- Use testing equipment in effort to optimize construction of product at minimum cost
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and accept and adapt to change in the fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle pressure/stress and work overtime or irregular hours as needed to meet client needs.
Position: Structural Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia